Saturday, January 24, 2009

I got this little blirb off of Blogging Matilda this morning:

Hi there internet! As most of you know, I am collecting donations to help out an old friend. See previous post for more details. At first I thought connecting with people through Facebook and my blog would be amazing sources of support, and now, I can honestly say that I shocked, and not really in a good way.

Random strangers, people who have never met this amazing girl, have far exceeded the people who should feel some connection to her. Toni is such an amazing girl who has defied so many odds in life. She has been through hell and back. To protect her privacy, and not over share, this recent event is not the only tragedy that she has braved with complete dignity in her life. She is a great mother to two amazing children, and a loving wife to a totally kick ass husband.
She has been dealt a shitty deck of cards, and has always fought to come out on top. By collecting money for this benefit, I really hoped to redeem her faith in others and in humanity in general.

Please don't misconstrue this as unappreciation for what has been done thus far, because the generosity of strangers has been amazing, but more can be done. Times are tight, the economy is suffering, tons of us are unemployed, including me. But each and every one of us could make a small sacrifice. A dollar, anything. There is power in numbers, and I can't think of a better time to unite.

1 comment:

Talk to me goose....